Thursday, November 4, 2010

how I could just kill a man

To start, the title is a really good song by Charlotte Sometimes that I choreographed a dance to in my movement fundamentals class last year. Also, I think she's playing in Nyc soon so check it out. (november 8th, free show rockwood music hall 9pm)

Back to my original thought, sometimes we get so frustrated when people don't take our advice. Whether it be men or women, sometimes we wish that for a day we could switch bodies with our friends, loved ones, co-workers, etc, and change their course of action. The trouble is that no matter how many times we strongly suggest something to them, even if we know we are right, even if they tell us that they know we are right, still they are the ones who have to live their lives and they have to make their own choices. It is so frustrating, sometimes you just want to slap them and say wake up, you are being stupid, and you are only going to hurt yourself. I guess you can only waste your breath so many times before you give up and then they will eventually get it, and then they come to you a year later and say, "why couldn't I have listened to you in the first place," and you say, "yea, why didn't you?" I guess my suggestion is to keep trying to tell them until you think you are wasting your time. Once you feel like you are wasting your time, you probably are, but don't stop until you really feel like you've tried, otherwise you may feel guilty for not trying to stop the madness. And by madness I mean the poor choices your friends make that only you can see at the time because you have special x-ray vision and future telling capabilities that most friends have that shows you exactly how things will end up. So, just try your best, and then in a few days, months, maybe even a year or so, they will magically gain the powers you had and realize for themselves. Feel free to leave your thoughts.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment