Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday gifts to yourself!

Today I splurged with a Mani/pedi just in time for Christmas weekend. Of course, my toes are red for the holiday, but I went with a more natural creamy light pink for my hands for a more professional and simple look. They say to always match your polish on your fingers and toes, but, I'm not walking around in flip-flops on the streets of NYC when it's 35 degrees out.
Two weeks ago I bought a Groupon deal on an hour long massage at a spa in the city. I haven't made my appointment yet, but after the holidays are over, I'll be laying face down for some much needed relaxation.
The next gift I am shopping for myself will be a sexy New Year's Eve dress. Originally I was going to go for a classic gold sequined glitz dress, but I might stand out more in another color. What are your thoughts? I was thinking about blue sequins instead? Let's see what I can find in the stores after Christmas.
Did you forget to buy a gift for yourself this year? I am all for giving gifts to your friends and family, but don't forget to give yourself a gift as well. After all, you may not receive everything you had on your list for Santa, so if there is anything left you're craving, spoil yourself!
A little retail therapy only hurt those with credit cards in their freezers. If you can't afford to spend any extra money on yourself, spend some time to yourself. Take a day off of work, send the kids to their grandparents, put your school books away, sleep in, light candles, give yourself a facial, and take a bath. How often do we actually get to take a bath anymore instead of a shower?
This fast-paced 21st century is so focused on fast food, fast travel, immediate satisfaction, that we forget how enjoyable it can be to do nothing.
Happy holidays! I hope you all get what you wished for Christmas this year and get to spend some quality time with your family and friends eating lots of home cooked food!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment