Saturday, May 7, 2011

Confidence

Tonight on my way home from work, the subway was packed. I was standing up, holding onto the pole, staring at my reflection in the window and thinking to myself. I felt pretty. I felt confident. I felt as if people on the train saw me and saw something great, even if they didn't, I didn't care. I thought, "I wish every girl in the world could feel happy about themselves; feel confident; feel pretty." Like everyone, at times, I feel like I could lose a few pounds here or there. At times I feel like my nose is too big, or I'm not tall enough, or my ears stick out.
The fact is, we waste too much of our lives thinking about what we'd like to change instead of thinking about how great we are just the way we are. Let's feel confident more often. Let's feel pretty. Life is so much more enjoyable when you are happy with yourself and don't have to stress about being self-conscious. I wish that every girl could feel happy, confident, and pretty. Hopefully in time, I will help at least some, if not all, to feel that self-confidence more frequently. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves.
You are beautiful. God made you just the way you are, flawless. You have a purpose, and it is great.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment