Saturday, April 30, 2011

The best blog entry I've ever written.

The word best implies opinion and not fact. However, the only way for me to attempt to write the best blog of my life, would be to base it entirely on the best book in the world. A book with all the secrets on how to live a successful and fulfilling life. A book that gives you guidance and comfort. A book that equips you for daily life, a long life, and your eternal life. Of course, the Bible.
Inspired to try to write the best advice possible, I realized that I am not certified or qualified to give relationship advice, career advice, how to raise a child advice, or any kind of advice. But lucky for me, I know someone who is. That would be God ladies and gentlemen. 
Whenever I feel the urge to seek the Bible for some inspiration or advice, I usually open the book to any random page and read the first thing that I see. No matter what it is that I read, I have faith that it will touch and inspire me and bless my life. I went about it today in a slightly different manner. I flipped to the back in the dictionary-concordance and searched for words that deal with my current internal struggle. Guess what? Most of the words weren't listed there. Possibly because they didn't use terms like "cohabitation" when the book was written. However, I found some words on the same page that touched me and I'd like to share them with you.
Companion- one who is a friend or associate or helper.
Compassion- sympathy; pity.
Condemn- to give out punishment to; to pronounce guilty.
A few scriptures that contain these words supply you with direction as to how to, or not to, use these words. Colossians 3:12 says, "clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness." Romans 8:1 says, "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
Then I proceded to look up marriage and this is what it says, "Marriage- the joining together before God and other people of a man and a woman to form a new family." I read a few different passages on marriage and the one that seemed to stick out the most was in Hebrews. Here is a big chunk and it gives you guidance on money, faith, commitment, love, and more. 


Hebrews 12:28-13:6 (New International Version, ©2011)


 28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”

 1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. 3 Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

   “Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”

 6 So we say with confidence,
   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?”



This passage is the most important and gives you the most instruction on how to live your life. Here are the secrets. Here are the rules to living a happy life. Happiness is not found in money; it is not found in condemnation. 
1. Be thankful and worship God, the giver of life.
2. Love everyone. There is no room for hate in a happy heart. Show kindness to all. Try not to judge, because we have no right to judge and no say in who makes it to heaven.
3. Hold your vows and your commitments. Be true and honest with one another. Do not stray from your marriage or your friends.
4. Money is no object because all things are possible in Christ. Do not worry about money and do not love money. Love people.
5. Have confidence. This will help you to succeed in all aspects of your life from your career to your relationships. Confidence is the key. Have faith in Him because he has plans to prosper you, not to harm you.


I hope that these 5 points can help inspire and help us all to lead more successful, more fulfilling, more happy lives. Try to incorporate them into your live every day. Instill these goals and morals into your children and friends and most importantly instill them into your own heart. Take ownership of these guidelines that God has given us. He gave them to us so that we would not have to face challenges and pain. I would usually say Good Luck to you, but luck is no factor when it comes to God. May he bless you indeed.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment